Visual Studio 2010 issues

Hi everyone,

My name is Miguel Salgado and I'm a trainee researcher from Portugal. I'm new at the forum and I'm completely lost. I've been programming in fortran for some time now, using Visual Studio 2010 and EDU Intel Visual Fortran Composer Fortrans's libraries.

I'm now trying to install HDF5 because I need to work with some HDF data and looks like I have no idea on how to do it.

So far I've tried to install this files (HDF5189-win64-vs10-static.zip) and then adding the usual include and lib folders to my project. I've tried to use static, shared, 32 and 64 bits versions (one at the time) and nothing worked. I've tested it with an example code that I got from the HDF Group website and I'm not able to build the code without errors.

Can anyone help me with this, or show me to where it's possible to get instructions for this?

Best regards,
Miguel Salgado

Miguel,

Could you please describe what kind of errors are you getting? Which version of Intel compiler do you use? I.e., please provide more details.

Thank you!

Elena

ยทยทยท

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elena Pourmal The HDF Group http://hdfgroup.org
1800 So. Oak St., Suite 203, Champaign IL 61820
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Oct 31, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Miguel Angelo Salgado dos Santos wrote:

Hi everyone,

My name is Miguel Salgado and I'm a trainee researcher from Portugal. I'm new at the forum and I'm completely lost. I've been programming in fortran for some time now, using Visual Studio 2010 and EDU Intel Visual Fortran Composer Fortrans's libraries.

I'm now trying to install HDF5 because I need to work with some HDF data and looks like I have no idea on how to do it.

So far I've tried to install this files (HDF5189-win64-vs10-static.zip) and then adding the usual include and lib folders to my project. I've tried to use static, shared, 32 and 64 bits versions (one at the time) and nothing worked. I've tested it with an example code that I got from the HDF Group website and I'm not able to build the code without errors.

Can anyone help me with this, or show me to where it's possible to get instructions for this?

Best regards,
Miguel Salgado

Hi Miguel,

So far I've tried to install this files (HDF5189-win64-vs10-static.**zip)

and then adding the usual include and lib folders to my project. I've tried
to use static, shared, 32 and 64 bits versions (one at the time) and
nothing worked. I've tested it with an example code that I got from the HDF
Group website and I'm not able to build the code without errors.

Also, I would suggest using the dynamic libraries on Windows.

Cheers,

Dana