viewing error detail in dotnet

Hello- I am using the HDF5DotNet wrappers and am getting an "H5DwriteException" with an error code of "-1". There isn't anything else helpful in this.

Is there are way to use H5E in .NET to get more error information? I tried setting a delegate with H5E.setAuto, but when the method gets called there is just a null pointer to the client data (not that the client data format is documented anywhere that I can tell).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Much thanks.

I've tried redirecting stderr, but that didn't work either.

···

From: Hdf-forum [mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@lists.hdfgroup.org] On Behalf Of Rowe, Jim
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:55 PM
To: hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org
Subject: [Hdf-forum] viewing error detail in dotnet

Hello- I am using the HDF5DotNet wrappers and am getting an "H5DwriteException" with an error code of "-1". There isn't anything else helpful in this.

Is there are way to use H5E in .NET to get more error information? I tried setting a delegate with H5E.setAuto, but when the method gets called there is just a null pointer to the client data (not that the client data format is documented anywhere that I can tell).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Much thanks.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Deal All,

I needed to convert PNG, TIFF, and BMP files to HDF5 image format in batch mode.
Is there any command line tools (or libraries I can use in C++ or Python ) exist for this?

Thanks in advance.

—Gheni Abla

I use GDAL for mapped image data (by creating a .vrt file for each image).
  ImageMagick has support the formats you mention. If you are hoping to
interpret indexed color images as data you need to watch for optimizations
that can scramble the original relationship between colors and data values
(some tools used to apply annotations will "optimize" the color palette,
presumably to "free up" some colors for annotations, but they can leave you
with an image where similar colors are far apart in the color LUT).

···

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Gheni Abla <abla@fusion.gat.com> wrote:

Deal All,

I needed to convert PNG, TIFF, and BMP files to HDF5 image format in batch
mode.
Is there any command line tools (or libraries I can use in C++ or Python )
exist for this?

Thanks in advance.

--Gheni Abla

http://mail.lists.hdfgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/hdf-forum_lists.hdfgroup.org

--
George N. White III <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia