Unable to build 1.8.6

I just tried building HDF5-1.8.6 without success on a Solaris 10-sparc system. Compilers attempted were:
(/usr/ucb/cc)
(didn't really try to build as large file support was deactivated using this one)

Reading specs from /opt/local/bin/../lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6

(studio 12.1)
(same output from cc -V, but different results and compiler nevertheless as large file support was active)

(studio 12.1)
c99: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_sparc 2009/06/03

aside from the very first compiler, which I didn't even try to build with after configuration, all of the compilers emite a large number of warnings and errors. Rather than clutter up the mailing list trying to figure out what the issue is, if someone in the HDF group wants to contact me directly to resolve the issue, that'd be great :-). Until then, I'll continue to use 1.8.5 patch 1.

Thanks.

···

cc: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_sparc 2009/06/03

It turns out the problem was that I'd told configure to use threads, but not where pthreads could be found using the --with-pthread option, so it was trying to use windows threads. Oops.

I'm having a go at building 1.8.7-pre1 now.

John Knutson wrote:

···

I just tried building HDF5-1.8.6 without success on a Solaris 10-sparc system. Compilers attempted were:
(/usr/ucb/cc)
(didn't really try to build as large file support was deactivated using this one)

Reading specs from /opt/local/bin/../lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6

(studio 12.1)
(same output from cc -V, but different results and compiler nevertheless as large file support was active)

(studio 12.1)
c99: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_sparc 2009/06/03

aside from the very first compiler, which I didn't even try to build with after configuration, all of the compilers emite a large number of warnings and errors. Rather than clutter up the mailing list trying to figure out what the issue is, if someone in the HDF group wants to contact me directly to resolve the issue, that'd be great :-). Until then, I'll continue to use 1.8.5 patch 1.

Thanks.