HDFView version 3.1.2 is now available from the HDFView Download page at https://www.hdfgroup.org/downloads/hdfview/
The software can also be obtained from the HDFView 3.1.2 page on the HDF Support Portal.
This is a maintenance release with a few changes, including:
- This release was built and tested with HDF5-1.10.7, HDF 4.2.15, and Open JDK 15.
- HDFView was converted to use Java Modules, which provides a smaller footprint.
- The dimensions in a netCDF file are now displayed in the Object Info tab.
- The “Current Working Directory” option can now be specified for the default working directory.
- Committed datatypes can now be used when creating new objects.
- A bug was fixed with creating and using a dataset with an enum datatype.
Please see the [release notes](https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/support/HDFView 3.1.2#releasenotes) for complete details on what is new in this release.
HDFView 3.1.2 is not currently supported on macOS 10.15 and 11.0 due to a notification signing issue. We will provide these binary distributions as they are made available. Please see the HDFView 3.1.2 page for further information on this and other issues.