- Release of HDF5-1.8.21
- Future of HDF5-1.8
Release of HDF5-1.8.21The HDF5-1.8.21 release is now available, and can be accessed from both the HDF5 download page and Support Portal:
- HDF5 Download page: https://www.hdfgroup.org/downloads/hdf5/
- Support Portal: https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/support/HDF5+1.8.21
HDF5-1.8.21 is a minor release with a few new features and changes. Important changes include:
- The following vulnerability issues were addressed:
- CVE-2017-17505 https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2017-17505
- CVE-2017-17506 https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2017-17506
- CVE-2017-17508 https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2017-17508
- CVE-2017-17509 https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2017-17509
- Several changes were made to CMake:
- The minimum version of CMake changed to 3.10.
- pkg-config file generation was added for the C, C++, HL, and HL C++ libraries.
- The h5cc and similar compile scripts are now created when building on Linux.
- Many C++ APIs were added or modified to better reflect the HDF5 model.
- Several tools bugs were fixed (in h5repack, h5dump, and h5diff).
This release contains many other changes that are not listed here. Please be sure to read the Release Notes for a comprehensive list of new features and changes.
Changes that affect maintainers of HDF5-dependent applications are listed on the HDF5 Software Changes from Release to Release page.