We are very pleased to announce the release of HDF5-1.12.2, which can now be obtained from the HDF5 Download page.
Information about this release can be found on the Support Portal as follows:
HDF5-1.12.2 is a minor release with a few new features and changes:
- Several improvements to parallel compression feature were made, as in 1.13.1. They are described in the Parallel compression improvements in HDF5 1.13.1 blog post.
- Several improvements to the configuration, including new options:
- to enable dimension scales APIs (H5DS*) to use the new object references with the native VOL connector (aka native HDF5 library)
- to control the build of High-Level tools
- New supported platforms added is the macOS Apple M1 11.6 Darwin 20.6.0 arm64 with Apple clang version 12.0.5.
- The shortened versions of the long options (ex:
--dataset) have been removed from all the tools.
- A CVE issue has been fixed, CVE-2018-17432.
- Note that, by the end of the year, support for VS 2015 will be dropped.
This release contains other changes that are not listed here. Please be sure to read the Release Notes for a comprehensive list of new features and changes.
Changes that affect maintainers of HDF5-dependent applications are listed on the HDF5 Software Changes from Release to Release page.