Record count size unaltered even after delete

Hi All,
          Even after deleting the record from the packet table I still see that the function call H5PTget_num_packets is not returning correct value.
For ex:

* Add one record => size = 1

* Delete and add one record => size = 2 !!!!!!!!

Can anyone help me out with this !

Thanks & Regards

Kailash K
Sogeti Hi-Tech | Bangalore
Office : +91-80- 66567000 Extn : 8371
Mobile : +91-9620201350

</PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>

Dear Kailash,

The Packet Table API is not designed to remove records - you can only add new records.
As described in the documentation, you should use the Table API when your application require adding and removing records.

Best regards, Richard van Hees

···

On 01/25/2011 09:31 AM, Kavalakuntla, Kailashnath wrote:

Hi All,

Even after deleting the record from the packet table I still see that the function call H5PTget_num_packets is not returning correct value.

For ex:

·Add one record => size = 1

·Delete and add one record => size = 2 !!!!!!!!

*Thanks & Regards*

*Kailash K*

*Sogeti Hi-Tech | Bangalore*

/_Office : +91-80- 66567000_///_Extn : /8371/_

/_Mobile : +91-9620201350_/

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Hi Richard,
                    Thank you for the reply. I guess the mistake I'm doing is inserting via packet table api and deleting the records via H5TB api. I'll shift everything to H5TB and check......

Thanks a lot !

Thanks & Regards

Kailash K

···

From: hdf-forum-bounces@hdfgroup.org [mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@hdfgroup.org] On Behalf Of Richard van Hees
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:35 PM
To: hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org
Subject: Re: [Hdf-forum] Record count size unaltered even after delete

Dear Kailash,

The Packet Table API is not designed to remove records - you can only add new records.
As described in the documentation, you should use the Table API when your application require adding and removing records.

Best regards, Richard van Hees

On 01/25/2011 09:31 AM, Kavalakuntla, Kailashnath wrote:
Hi All,
For ex:

Add one record => size = 1

Delete and add one record => size = 2 !!!!!!!!

Thanks & Regards

Kailash K

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Hdf-forum is for HDF software users discussion.

Hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org<mailto:Hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org>

http://mail.hdfgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org