Problem with H5T_NATIVE_INT_g = 0xffffffff

Hi,

I've built the 32 bit hdf5 1.8.7 release, and also the HDF Dot Net dll. It seems to be working up to a point where I create a COMPOUND data type and go to insert the first type, a .Net Int32, called "Id". I get the following message:

"Failed to insert field name Id into compound datatype with hdf"

Stepping through HDF Dot Net code I end up down in H5T.cpp Ln 463, in function:

hid_t H5T::getStdType(H5T::H5Type stdType)

where typeFlag is assigned the value 0xffffffff (aka -1).

I'm guessing I've done something wrong at the compile stage (I used visual studio 2008) but I can't think what I've done wrong.

Any ideas?

Data Structure looks like so:

public struct TestObject

{

public int Id;

public long Long1;

}

Thanks,
-Mark

···

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of this message or any attachment by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. Neither this message nor any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument. Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this message or any of its attachments is free of viruses.

Ok, so I figured this out. It happens when you build the debug version of the HDF dot net dll and link to the debug version of the lib file (hdf5ddll.lib) instead of the (hdf5dll.lib).

Thanks,
-Mark

···

From: hdf-forum-bounces@hdfgroup.org [mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@hdfgroup.org] On Behalf Of McGuill, Mark
Sent: 08 June 2011 17:11
To: hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org
Subject: [Hdf-forum] Problem with H5T_NATIVE_INT_g = 0xffffffff

Hi,

I've built the 32 bit hdf5 1.8.7 release, and also the HDF Dot Net dll. It seems to be working up to a point where I create a COMPOUND data type and go to insert the first type, a .Net Int32, called "Id". I get the following message:

"Failed to insert field name Id into compound datatype with hdf"

Stepping through HDF Dot Net code I end up down in H5T.cpp Ln 463, in function:

hid_t H5T::getStdType(H5T::H5Type stdType)

where typeFlag is assigned the value 0xffffffff (aka -1).

I'm guessing I've done something wrong at the compile stage (I used visual studio 2008) but I can't think what I've done wrong.

Any ideas?

Data Structure looks like so:

public struct TestObject

{

public int Id;

public long Long1;

}

Thanks,
-Mark

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of this message or any attachment by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. Neither this message nor any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument. Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this message or any of its attachments is free of viruses.