P/Invoke declarations for the HDF C-API in .NET.

Hi There,

I currently use the P/Invoke declarations for the HDF C-API in .NET.
However I am struggling to convert the pointer values to their actual
values from the HDF file.

I have attached a screen shot of my code and the AccessViolationException I
am getting.
Can you kindly give me indication where I am going wrong ?

I know this kind of exception are common in .NET when working with
unmanaged libraries.

Kind Regards.
Johan Ferguson

I would think you’d want the entire HDF5 (parallel) test suite to run correctly on it, assuming that is the intended outcome and its practical to test.

Mark

···

From: Hdf-forum <hdf-forum-bounces@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@lists.hdfgroup.org>> on behalf of "Greenberg, Hugh N" <hng@lanl.gov<mailto:hng@lanl.gov>>
Reply-To: HDF Users Discussion List <hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM
To: "hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>" <hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>>
Subject: [Hdf-forum] validating a vfl plugin

I’ve written a plugin for the virtual file layer that uses an I/O library, which is a parallel I/O library, similar to MPI-IO. I’ve modified the ph5example.c to work with my plugin and all the tests pass. Which other tests may be useful in validating such a plugin? Thanks.

Sorry, that probably came across as somewhat flipint.

I was *assuming* that the whole HDF5 test suite can be easily run on various VFDs and/or with various FAPL/FCPL in a genral way so that it doesn’t require modifying each and every test client. That is what I do with Silo library :wink:

But, I don’t know that to actually be the case and in all likelihood, it is probably not. So, that’d mean you have a lot of test clients to modify (and not all of them actually test format operations — for example the data conversion tests don’t).

Note to The HDF Group: It would really be good to be able to run the entire HDF5 test suite using different FAPLs/FCPLs. It would make this kind of testing much simpler :wink:

Mark

···

From: "Miller, Mark C." <miller86@llnl.gov<mailto:miller86@llnl.gov>>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
To: HDF Users Discussion List <hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>>
Subject: Re: [Hdf-forum] validating a vfl plugin

I would think you’d want the entire HDF5 (parallel) test suite to run correctly on it, assuming that is the intended outcome and its practical to test.

Mark

From: Hdf-forum <hdf-forum-bounces@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@lists.hdfgroup.org>> on behalf of "Greenberg, Hugh N" <hng@lanl.gov<mailto:hng@lanl.gov>>
Reply-To: HDF Users Discussion List <hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>>
To: "hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>" <hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>>

I’ve written a plugin for the virtual file layer that uses an I/O library, which is a parallel I/O library, similar to MPI-IO. I’ve modified the ph5example.c to work with my plugin and all the tests pass. Which other tests may be useful in validating such a plugin? Thanks.

Mark,

It doesn't seem like the test suite can be easily run on various VFDs in a general way. So, I was wondering which tests would be the most relevant.

···

From: <Miller>, "Mark C." <miller86@llnl.gov<mailto:miller86@llnl.gov>>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 12:06 PM
To: HDF Users Discussion List <hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>>

Sorry, that probably came across as somewhat flipint.

I was *assuming* that the whole HDF5 test suite can be easily run on various VFDs and/or with various FAPL/FCPL in a genral way so that it doesn't require modifying each and every test client. That is what I do with Silo library :wink:

But, I don't know that to actually be the case and in all likelihood, it is probably not. So, that'd mean you have a lot of test clients to modify (and not all of them actually test format operations - for example the data conversion tests don't).

Note to The HDF Group: It would really be good to be able to run the entire HDF5 test suite using different FAPLs/FCPLs. It would make this kind of testing much simpler :wink:

Mark

From: "Miller, Mark C." <miller86@llnl.gov<mailto:miller86@llnl.gov>>
Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM

I would think you'd want the entire HDF5 (parallel) test suite to run correctly on it, assuming that is the intended outcome and its practical to test.

Mark

I've written a plugin for the virtual file layer that uses an I/O library, which is a parallel I/O library, similar to MPI-IO. I've modified the ph5example.c to work with my plugin and all the tests pass. Which other tests may be useful in validating such a plugin? Thanks.