Index, archive and retrieve real-time physiological parameters and waveform Data

Hello Folks,
I really need help and guidance. We are very interested in using HDF5 to archive, Index and retrieve Real-time patient monitoring physiological data as well as waveforms. I have a patient monitor and I want to know how to initially save all the following data:

1. Physiological numerical Parameters
2. Waveforms
3. Alerts and alarms messages

Once the above information has been saved in the HDF5 database we would like retrieve the data remotely and perform further analysis with both Physiological data and waveforms.

Has anyone or group tried to perform the tasks above that I have mentioned?
I would really appreciate your help and guidance in this matter.

Thank you,
Kind regards
Tim Rajah
National Institutes of Health
Clinical Research Center
Department of Perioperative Medicine
Bethesda, MD 20892

Hi Rajah,

You may be interested in my recently completed PhD thesis, "BioSignalML: An Abstract Model for Physiological Time-series Data", which contains the specification of a HDF5 file layout for storing biosignals. In a nutshell, BioSignalML uses RDF to encode all metadata about signals, with actual signal data either being kept in its native format or stored as HDF5.

The work includes a web-based signal repository and a client library for access (written in Python; available on GitHub). BioSignalML has been used to describe and store PhysioBank recordings, the output from physiological simulations, and data streams from medical device evaluation.

BioSignalML could certainly meet your project's requirements, so long as you keep in mind that it is not a production ready, shrink-wrapped system.

Best regards,
David Brooks

ยทยทยท

On 5/10/14 6:23 am, Rajah, Tim (NIH/CC/SURG) [E] wrote:

Hello Folks,
I really need help and guidance. We are very interested in using HDF5 to archive, Index and retrieve Real-time patient monitoring physiological data as well as waveforms. I have a patient monitor and I want to know how to initially save all the following data:

1. Physiological numerical Parameters
2. Waveforms
3. Alerts and alarms messages

Once the above information has been saved in the HDF5 database we would like retrieve the data remotely and perform further analysis with both Physiological data and waveforms.

Has anyone or group tried to perform the tasks above that I have mentioned?
I would really appreciate your help and guidance in this matter.

Thank you,
Kind regards
Tim Rajah
National Institutes of Health
Clinical Research Center
Department of Perioperative Medicine
Bethesda, MD 20892

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hdf5