How to read partial of a compound type dataset

Hi,

I have a HDF5 file, which contains a dataset of compound datatype, for example, the dataset is 'MyData', which has (200 x 5) elements(or say dimension is 200 rows, 5 columns), the dataset has 5 members, I would like to demonstrate that in C/C++ data structure

struct MyDataType {
        int nID;
        double myTime;
        char szName[12];
        int Reserved;
        int nCRC;
   };

I know in HDF5 we can read only partial of the data, say the member nID into a int nIDs[200][5] array, without reading the whole dataset, yet I do NOT know which API to use, can anyone be kindly to show me the way, thanks.

Sophy Huang.

You define a datatype that contains only the members you want to read and then specify this datatype on reading the data.

Cheers,

Werner

···

On 25.12.2014 10:49, 暮如雪 wrote:

Hi,

I have a HDF5 file, which contains a dataset of compound datatype, for example, the dataset is 'MyData', which has (200 x 5) elements(or say dimension is 200 rows, 5 columns), the dataset has 5 members, I would like to demonstrate that in C/C++ data structure

struct MyDataType {
        int nID;
        double myTime;
        char szName[12];
        int Reserved;
        int nCRC;
   };

I know in HDF5 we can read only partial of the data, say the member nID into a int nIDs[200][5] array, without reading the whole dataset, yet I do NOT know which API to use, can anyone be kindly to show me the way, thanks.

Sophy Huang.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hdf5

--
Tel.: +1 225 578 4809 Fax.: +1 225 578-5362