How can I download HDFview?

Hello, I installed the program on another computer and it worked fine. I still haven’t figured out why the other isn’t working. I opened my file but could not understand its content. Is it possible to see what value the variable has on which date in HDview?

I attach the screenshot. I would be very happy if you explain.

Glad you were able to get HDFview working, but I’m not sure it is useful for these data.

You are looking at a tiny piece of a large data set. For every hour there is a mapped array. In NASA Panoply you can enter the index (time axis) of an hourly array and get a nice image. The ERA5 NetCDF format is “experimental”, and some software complains that the “time axis” is not the first dimension (the first is a flag the differentiates between “production” and “experimental” data). The numbers you display appear to be the raw values. The metadata NetCDF offset and scale values. In Panoply these are applied, so you get pretty images with minimal effort.

Thanks for the answer. Yes I know panoply. But I don’t need an image right now.
Can HDFView open the Grib file type?

gizem.boztas

[deniz](https://forum.hdfgroup.org/u/gizem.boztas)

October 16

Thanks for the answer. Yes I know panoply. But I don’t need an image right now.

Can HDFView open the Grib file type?

Not directly. The ERA5 NetCDF files were generated from the GRIB files. Have you tried ReadGrib in R?

Unfortunately I haven’t had the opportunity to try it yet