A little announcement, like I think potentially people in the HDF5
community could be interested in that.
We developed at Blue Brain Project ( http://bluebrain.epfl.ch/ ) /
Human Brain Project (https://www.humanbrainproject.eu/\) a simple,
modern, header-only C++ interface to the libhdf5.
Mainly to overcome the current limitations of the actual HDF5 C++
interface ( no parallel HDF5, no thread safety, not modern C++ friendly )
It is Open Source and here is a non-explicit list of features :
- It supports both serial and parallel HDF5 with C++ ( contrary to the
official bindings that disable c++ bindings when compiled with parallel
- It does not require any compilation, and is embeddable in any project
( Boost Software License ).
- It supports automatic type mapping with C++ types and STL containers :
std::vector, std::string, std::array, etc...
- It supports Boost MultiArray and Boost UBLAS for Multi-dimentional
dataset and Matrix load/save to/from HDF5 datasets.
- It is design to be modern C++11 / C++14 friendly
- It aims to be minimalsit and does not have any other dependencies than
It does not support the integrality of the libhdf5 API for now, but If
you have any interest or comment about it, let us know.
Blue Brain Project / Human Brain Project