HDF5 Testing

The HDF5 “make check” test are written to verify libraries that are internal to the source tree, so compiling and executing them outside of the hdf5 source code is a somewhat arduous process. Is there a convenient method I could use to compile and run these test without re-compiling the libraries ? I’m looking for a way to be to compile/execute the tests on a run-time platform when the libraries were cross-compiled on a different platform. It would also be convenient to check if HDF5 libraries would work on different linux distributions without having to be recompiled. Thanks for any info.

Sean B

Hi Sean,

There is a small set of examples installed by “make install” in <install prefix>/share/hdf5_examples with scripts (run-all-ex.sh) to compile (using the compile scripts h5cc, etc in <install prefix>/bin) and run the resulting binaries. They are not at all comprehensive tests, but should demonstrate that the installed HDF5 libraries are functional, at least to some extent. There is a README file in the hdf5_examples directory.

Larry

···

From: Hdf-forum [mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@lists.hdfgroup.org] On Behalf Of Sean Byland
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 1:23 PM
To: HDF Users Discussion List
Subject: [Hdf-forum] HDF5 Testing

The HDF5 “make check” test are written to verify libraries that are internal to the source tree, so compiling and executing them outside of the hdf5 source code is a somewhat arduous process. Is there a convenient method I could use to compile and run these test without re-compiling the libraries ? I’m looking for a way to be to compile/execute the tests on a run-time platform when the libraries were cross-compiled on a different platform. It would also be convenient to check if HDF5 libraries would work on different linux distributions without having to be recompiled. Thanks for any info.

Sean B