I have been trying to install HDF5 for windows (HDF5-1.12.1-win64.msi) and so far no success.
I can install the msi file without any error. When i try to run an example code from C++ Examples, the linker couldnt find the file ‘szip.lib’ and I am stuck here for a week.
I followed all the installation instructions in the file ‘USING_HDF5_VS.txt’
1. Platform - x64
2. Headers path given to “VC++ Directories -> Include Directories”
3. Library path to “VC++ Directories -> Library Directories”
4. given the Linker inputs for dynamic library : Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies : szip.lib; zlib.lib; hdf5.lib; hdf5_cpp.lib; - in the same order as given in the instructions.
5. Compile definition as “H5_BUILT_AS_DYNAMIC_LIB” in C/C++ -> Preprocessor -> Preprocessor Definitions
6. Tried to run in both Debug & Release modes
I am sure I didnt complete the installation fully as i couldnt find the szip.lib & zlib.lib files anywhere inside the installation folder.
I really need this HDF5 to be configures as I am comfortable building the application in Visual Studio and I want to integrate the visualisations in DirectX 12. And I am ok with support only for Windows.
Please suggest your inputs to configure it in Visual Studio.