HDF5 C#.NET configuration problem

Hi,

I am trying to get hdf5 set up in visual studio and C# using the HDF5DotNet package on the website. Whenever I try to run anything (including the example project from the website, so I don't think it's a problem with my code) I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: could not load file or assembly 'HDF5DotNet, Version=1.0.2988.20607, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. <Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1>

Has anyone seen this before or knows how I can fix it? (This same problem also occurs with the C++ example project as well)

Thanks,
Mike

···

IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of this message or any attachment by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. Neither this message nor any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument. Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this message or any of its attachments is free of viruses.

I think I remember that problem. Try expanding the references section and removing the HDF5DotNet reference, then readding it. Or maybe the DLL is missing? Is the DLL in the project directoyr. One other thing is that the HDF5 DLLs need to be copied to the output build directory manually for it to run. The original HDF5DotNet project file is build around v1.8.0, but I was able to get it to work without making any changes with up to v1.8.2 of the library.

Jesse

···

On 7/21/2010 11:50 AM, Rosensweig, Mike wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to get hdf5 set up in visual studio and C# using the HDF5DotNet package on the website. Whenever I try to run anything (including the example project from the website, so I don't think it's a problem with my code) I get the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: could not load file or assembly 'HDF5DotNet, Version=1.0.2988.20607, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. <Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1>

Has anyone seen this before or knows how I can fix it? (This same problem also occurs with the C++ example project as well)

Thanks,

Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of this message or any attachment by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. Neither this message nor any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument. Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this message or any of its attachments is free of viruses.

Also, the default setup for HDF5DotNet does not work in Debug mode because HDF5DotNet has hard coded references to hdf5dll.dll, but the debug version of hdf5 builds as hdf5ddll.dll (note the extra 'd'), likewise for the _hl library.

To run in Debug, I changed the hdf5 dlls to the standard name scheme.

Scott

···

From: hdf-forum-bounces@hdfgroup.org [mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@hdfgroup.org] On Behalf Of Jesse Lai
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 12:06 PM
To: HDF Users Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hdf-forum] HDF5 C#.NET configuration problem

I think I remember that problem. Try expanding the references section and removing the HDF5DotNet reference, then readding it. Or maybe the DLL is missing? Is the DLL in the project directoyr. One other thing is that the HDF5 DLLs need to be copied to the output build directory manually for it to run. The original HDF5DotNet project file is build around v1.8.0, but I was able to get it to work without making any changes with up to v1.8.2 of the library.

Jesse

On 7/21/2010 11:50 AM, Rosensweig, Mike wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Mike

Hdf-forum is for HDF software users discussion.

Hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org<mailto:Hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org>

http://mail.hdfgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.