The HDF-Java 2.8 beta release is ready for download. The official HDF-Java 2.8
release is scheduled for December 15, 2011.
We would appreciate your help very much if you could try the beta release and
report any problems to us.
1) Download and installation
* HDFView: ftp://ftp.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/hdf-java-2.8/hdfview/
2) This release was built and tested with HDF 4.2.6, HDF5 1.8.8, and JDK 1.6.
3) 29 methods were added to JHI5
4) Over 10 major bug fixes were fixed
5) Major Enhancements
* When opening a file family, HDFView now selects the first file in the
* NaN and INF values are now ignored in TableView for better line plots
* The fill value can now be set when a new dataset is created
* If an object is copied to a group where the name already exists,
the name conflict can now be resolved
* Image palettes can now be imported from or exported to a text file
* Users now have the option to show data values in a 0-based or
* The image origin can now be specified as UpperLeft, LowerLeft,
UpperRight, or LowerRight
* Users now have the option to show values of selected bits or to apply
a bitmask for 1-byte or 2-byte integers
* A data distribution histogram has been added for changing the data range
6) See details at