H5Pset_obj_track_times has no effect on mtime

Hi,

I tried to use the H5Pset_obj_track_times functionality but when I want to get back the information, only change time (ctime) is filled in the H5O_info_t. The modification date is never set.
Does anyone have an experience on this feature?

I'm using HDF5 1.8.7.

Here is one example (C++) of my trial:

H5::H5File file("c:\\TEMP\\test.hdf5");

hsize_t dim = 2;
    H5::DataSpace dataspace(1, &dim);

H5::DSetCreatPropList plist;
    H5Pset_obj_track_times(plist.getId(), true);
    H5::DataSet dataset1 = file.createDataSet("ds1", H5::PredType::NATIVE_CHAR, dataspace, plist );

H5O_info_t object_info;
    H5Oget_info(dataset1.getId(), &object_info); // btime, atime and mtime = 0

int new_value[] = {99, -13};
    dataset1.write(new_value, H5::PredType::NATIVE_INT);
    H5O_info_t object_info2;
    H5Oget_info(dataset1.getId(), &object_info2);

dataset1.createAttribute("a1", H5::PredType::NATIVE_INT, dataspace);
    H5O_info_t object_info4;
    H5Oget_info(dataset1.getId(), &object_info4); // only ctime updated, others = 0

Thanks,
Laurent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Hi Laurent,
  Unfortunately, we haven't finished implementing all the various time features for the object info. Only the 'ctime' is set correctly and the rest will stay at 0 (until the feature is implemented).

Quincey

···

On Jun 25, 2012, at 6:23 AM, Laurent Dionisi wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use the H5Pset_obj_track_times functionality but when I want to get back the information, only change time (ctime) is filled in the H5O_info_t. The modification date is never set.

I’m using HDF5 1.8.7.

hsize_t dim = 2;

H5::DataSet dataset1 = file.createDataSet("ds1", H5::PredType::NATIVE_CHAR, dataspace, plist );

H5O_info_t object_info;
    H5Oget_info(dataset1.getId(), &object_info); // btime, atime and mtime = 0

H5O_info_t object_info2;

H5O_info_t object_info4;
    H5Oget_info(dataset1.getId(), &object_info4); // only ctime updated, others = 0

Thanks,
Laurent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. _______________________________________________
Hdf-forum is for HDF software users discussion.
Hdf-forum@hdfgroup.org
http://mail.hdfgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org

Ok, thanks for your quick answer!

Laurent

Hi Laurent,
        Unfortunately, we haven't finished implementing all the various time features for the object info. Only the 'ctime' is set correctly and the rest will stay at 0 (until the feature is implemented).

Quincey

···

-----Original Message-----

On Jun 25, 2012, at 6:23 AM, Laurent Dionisi wrote:

Hi,

I?m using HDF5 1.8.7.

hsize_t dim = 2;

H5::DataSet dataset1 = file.createDataSet("ds1",
H5::PredType::NATIVE_CHAR, dataspace, plist );

H5O_info_t object_info;
    H5Oget_info(dataset1.getId(), &object_info); // btime, atime and
mtime = 0

H5O_info_t object_info2;

H5O_info_t object_info4;
    H5Oget_info(dataset1.getId(), &object_info4); // only ctime
updated, others = 0

Thanks,
Laurent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.