h5dump test failed

I’m building “CMake-hdf5-1.12.1” by executing “build-VS2019-64.bat” from the command line (Windows 10). I get the following message on completion:

99% tests passed, 1 tests failed out of 2215
Total Test time (real) = 272.55 sec
The following tests FAILED:
1726 - H5DUMP-tfloatsattrs (Failed)

Any help would be appreciated.

Aaron

That test should have been excluded, it actually passes, but on some Windows platforms the float conversion has a rounding difference. The problem is a test issue and not a library issue.

Allen

Thank you for that clarification.

Aaron

That test should have been excluded, it actually passes, but on some Windows platforms the float conversion has a rounding difference. The problem is a test issue and not a library issue.

How?

Ok, I also get random number of H5CLEAR fails. At first try this H5DUMP was the only one, on second run 5(?) different H5CLEAR fails, third and fourth run only H5DUMP fail and on the fifth run 364 - H5CLEAR_CMP-h5clr_usage with the all-time-favourite 1726. Why is that, and how this could be fixed? I’m using Visual Studio Professional 2019 Version 16.11.3 and I really need a working HDF5 support. If I succeed with this part, I still have no idea how to target a build for the correct .Net versions the main application uses…

The h5dump is a rounding error that only happens with VS2019 builds after a certain version. I have not had a chance to investigate because it will always pass if I compare to a file with those values. So, higher priority issues get the attention.
Interesting that h5clear has issues, might be that the correct files are not deleted before rerunning tests. The other possibility is that there are test framework issues with files being created out of order (original author of tests developed with autotools on linux and the test script assumes a linear test order).

In summary, these are issues with the testing framework and not the library or tools (determined after investigation).

Allen

Hi,
I’m in a very similar situation here. I got a failed test trying to build C:\CMake-hdf5-1.12.2 with build-VS2019-64.bat on Windows 10.

The first run gave this error:
“The following tests FAILED: 360 - H5CLEAR_CMP-h5clr_usage_h (Failed)”

The second run, a different one but still h5clear:
“The following tests FAILED: 383 - H5CLEAR_CMP-h5clr_mdc_image_sm (Failed)”

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately those tests can easily give false results because of the interdependence designed into those tests.

Thanks for the info!
Turned out to be an issue with the path that caused an error when I called HDF5. After fixing that I was able to use the package even with the failed test.