H5A.iterate lockup

I'm working on an app that will convert our HDF5 data to csv or xls. It is written in C# using the HDF5.NET wrappers, HDF 1.8.6 and running on Windows Server 2008.

And I've run into a problem where H5A.iterate locks up on certain data files. The problem files have 8 packet tables, most with an associated axis. The file and each dataset have attributes. Currently working on the CSV output, I iterate through each dataset, outputting file & the dataset attributes as a header and then the data is output comma separated. On the last dataset (consistently), as it is iterating through attributes the program locks. Specifically, it occurs on the H5A::getName call of the 6th iteration of the H5A.iterate loop.

There's nothing particularly special about the attributes there, the first & second datasets have nearly identical attributes and present no problem. As a test, I reversed the dataset iteration order and that last dataset works fine, but the 3rd to last locks. If I comment out the H5A.iterate loop entirely, it works fine. Other datasets for other instruments are working fine. I've also run the problem files through H5Dump, which outputs fine.

I'm not sure what the issue would be. Any thoughts?

Scott

···

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Hi Scott,

Would it be possible for you to send us an example file or source code that creates the file? We have been investigating a bug report for the H5Literate function: it crashes on a group with more than 8 objects, but we could confirm it only for trunk. 1.8.6 did work with the file we had. More information would be highly appreciated. Please send it to help@hdfgroup.org. We will try to address the problem ASAP.

Thank you and sorry for inconvenience!

Elena

···

On Mar 1, 2011, at 11:56 AM, Mitchell, Scott - IS wrote:

I’m working on an app that will convert our HDF5 data to csv or xls. It is written in C# using the HDF5.NET wrappers, HDF 1.8.6 and running on Windows Server 2008.

And I’ve run into a problem where H5A.iterate locks up on certain data files. The problem files have 8 packet tables, most with an associated axis. The file and each dataset have attributes. Currently working on the CSV output, I iterate through each dataset, outputting file & the dataset attributes as a header and then the data is output comma separated. On the last dataset (consistently), as it is iterating through attributes the program locks. Specifically, it occurs on the H5A::getName call of the 6th iteration of the H5A.iterate loop.

There’s nothing particularly special about the attributes there, the first & second datasets have nearly identical attributes and present no problem. As a test, I reversed the dataset iteration order and that last dataset works fine, but the 3rd to last locks. If I comment out the H5A.iterate loop entirely, it works fine. Other datasets for other instruments are working fine. I’ve also run the problem files through H5Dump, which outputs fine.

I’m not sure what the issue would be. Any thoughts?

Scott

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.