Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library.

Hi,

I’ve installed HDFView on windows 10 64 bit (build 18363.1379) and am having the below java problems. I updated Java to version 8 (update 281). I’ve uninstalled all the old versions of Visual Studio and installed Visual C++ 2015 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145). I’ve tried placing all the *.DLL from .\runtime\bin directory into the root directory with HDFView.exe.

Anyone know the solution here?

thanks
O

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:///C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/HDF_Group/HDFView/app/mods/slf4j-nop-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/HDF_Group/HDFView/app/extra/slf4j-simple-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/HDF_Group/HDFView/app/slf4j-nop-1.7.25.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.helpers.NOPLoggerFactory]
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
no swt-win32-4934r6 in java.library.path: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\HDF_Group\HDFView\app
no swt-win32 in java.library.path: C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\HDF_Group\HDFView\app
Can’t load library: C:\Users\XXXXX\swt-win32-4934r6-64.dll
Can’t load library: C:\Users\XXXXX\swt-win32-64.dll

at swt/org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:342)
    at swt/org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:256)
    at swt/org.eclipse.swt.internal.C.<clinit>(C.java:19)
    at swt/org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:145)
    at hdf.view.HDFView.main(HDFView.java:2459)

Failed to launch JVM

I am assuming you got the VS2015 version of HDFView - java version for the binary should not matter as HDFView uses the packaged java (BTW, to build HDFView requires JDK15).
The SWT dlls should be in with the hdf dlls in the HDFView/app folder.

Allen

Thanks Allen,

I just downloaded JDK15 and it didn’t change things but not to worry as i got another HDF viewer working.

thanks
orfeo

Running into this issue as well

Even though it is using powershell - I think it is the similar - The path to the dlls must be added to the environment path. This is what the batch file does.
Another solution is to be place all the dlls next to the HDFView.exe file.