Errors encountered w/ building parallel enabled HDF5

I am trying to build hdf5-1.10.5 with parallel file support enabled. It seems to build without errors but make check, and specifically, make check-s fails in low-level i/o testing with the following:

Testing – Reference Counted Strings (refstr)
Testing – Low-Level File I/O (file)
*** UNEXPECTED VALUE from test_compatible should be 1, but is 2 at line 4704 in tfile.c
*** UNEXPECTED VALUE from test_compatible should be 1, but is 2 at line 4704 in tfile.c
*** UNEXPECTED VALUE from test_compatible should be 1, but is 6 at line 4774 in tfile.c
*** UNEXPECTED VALUE from test_compatible should be 1, but is 6 at line 4774 in tfile.c
Testing – Generic Object Functions (objects)
!!! 120 Error(s) were detected !!!

I am using the PGI compiler version 16.4 with mpich 3.2 with t he following configure:

CC=/opt/aci/sw/mpich/3.2_pgi-16.4/bin/mpicc ./configure --enable-parallel

I did not build the deployment of mpich on my system so I have no idea how it was built. I also tried OpenMPI using the same compiler but I received the same error messages.

I’ve tried a number of different configure options but nothing works. Only leaving off --enable-parallel results in successful tests.

Thanks for any help.

I’m going to reply to my own question-- I gave up on PGI with OpenMPI and MPICH2 and went with an Intel compiler / MPI combination instead. That worked getting thru this step and all serial tests pass. I’m still having some issues with e parallel tests but that’s likely a question for another thread.