Enum Attributes & HDFView

I'm adding enumeration type attributes to datasets now, and the code executes ok, but when I look at the file/dataset in HDFView (2.9) the attribute shows up as its numeric value not it's Enumeration. I don't see this problem with enumerations in datasets.

Is this an HDFView limitation/bug or is the problem in the HDF libraries?

I've attached a test file, the file has an "Enum" attribute it should be "TWO", but shows up as the numeric value "2". From the enumeration:
        public enum Numbers { ONE = 1, TWO = 2, THREE = 3, FOUR = 4 };

Scott

hdfFile.h5 (952 Bytes)

···

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

This is an HDFView limitation.

We provide an option to show enum datasets in values or names but
We do not have such an option for attributes (a little more complicated).
We will add this enhancement to our jira database.

Thanks
--pc

···

On Aug 9, 2013, at 12:54 PM, Mitchell, Scott - IS wrote:

I'm adding enumeration type attributes to datasets now, and the code executes ok, but when I look at the file/dataset in HDFView (2.9) the attribute shows up as its numeric value not it's Enumeration. I don't see this problem with enumerations in datasets.

Is this an HDFView limitation/bug or is the problem in the HDF libraries?

I've attached a test file, the file has an "Enum" attribute it should be "TWO", but shows up as the numeric value "2". From the enumeration:
        public enum Numbers { ONE = 1, TWO = 2, THREE = 3, FOUR = 4 };

Scott

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
<hdfFile.h5>_______________________________________________
Hdf-forum is for HDF software users discussion.
Hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org<mailto:Hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org>
http://mail.lists.hdfgroup.org/mailman/listinfo/hdf-forum_lists.hdfgroup.org