compound attribute with Java HDF Object package

Is it possible to create a compound attribute using the java HDF object package? I am trying to create a simple compound type that holds two 32-bit unsigned integers. (An array would be trivial, but an existing implementation requires that compound datatype be used.) When using the createDatatype method, the Datatype.CLASS_COMPOUND can be specified, but I am unable to figure out how I would configure the datatype object to hold the necessary compound data structure so that it may be assigned as an attribute.

Any help is much appreciated.

-Brian

Creating a compound attribute is not supported from HDF object package.
You may have to use HDF5 JNI to do so.

Thanks
--pc

Brian Walsh wrote:

ยทยทยท

Is it possible to create a compound attribute using the java HDF object package? I am trying to create a simple compound type that holds two 32-bit unsigned integers. (An array would be trivial, but an existing implementation requires that compound datatype be used.) When using the createDatatype method, the Datatype.CLASS_COMPOUND can be specified, but I am unable to figure out how I would configure the datatype object to hold the necessary compound data structure so that it may be assigned as an attribute.

Any help is much appreciated.

-Brian

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has this in any way shape or formed changed in more recent versions of the object library?