Compile error building HDF4 java interface

I’m trying to build the java interface with hdf 4.2.13, but getting the following compile errors:

libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I…/…/…/…/java/src/jni -I…/…/…/hdf/src -I…/…/…/…/hdf/src -I…/…/…/…/mfhdf/libsrc -I…/…/…/mfhdf/libsrc -I…/…/…/…/java/src/jni -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.201.b09-7.fc31.x86_64/include -I/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.201.b09-7.fc31.x86_64/include/linux -DBIG_LONGS -DSWAP -DNDEBUG -fPIC -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -I/usr/include/tirpc -c …/…/…/…/java/src/jni/hdfvdataImp.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/hdfvdataImp.o
make[3]: Leaving directory ‘/builddir/build/BUILD/hdf-4.2.13/build-shared/java/src/jni’
…/…/…/…/java/src/jni/hdfvdataImp.c: In function ‘Java_hdf_hdflib_HDFLibrary_VSinquire’:
…/…/…/…/java/src/jni/hdfvdataImp.c:390:35: error: ‘MAX_NC_NAME’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘H4_MAX_NC_NAME’?
390 | name = (char *)malloc(MAX_NC_NAME+1);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~
| H4_MAX_NC_NAME
…/…/…/…/java/src/jni/hdfvdataImp.c:390:35: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

configured with:

./configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --disable-production --enable-java --disable-netcdf --enable-shared=yes --enable-static=no --disable-fortran --with-szlib --includedir=/usr/include/hdf --libdir=/usr/lib64/hdf

I believe that was fixed in the last release - 4.2.14.

Allen

Yes, that appears to be the case. Thanks.