command not found mpiicc

Hello,

I want to install hdf5 with intel’s mpi compilers, but it fails when running ‘make install’.
The error I get is
libtool: error: error: relink ‘libhdf5_hl.la’ with the above command before installing it

and before that it says
/opt/utility/hdf5-1.10.6/libtool: line 10545: mpiicc: command not found

which is probably the main problem.
Running
which mpiicc

I get
/path/to/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpiicc

I also exported CC="/path/to/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpiicc", but it still does not work.
I also added
export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/devel/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/include -I/usr/include/"
export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/devel/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/lib -L"

just to be sure, but I still get the error during the installation.

After running the configure, I also did run ‘make check’, which finishes all the tests successfully.
My configure command is simply
./configure --with-zlib=${ZDIR} --prefix=${H5DIR} --enable-parallel

I run on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I have the latest Intel compiiers installed and have used them for various other program builds already.
Could someone help me with this, please?
Thanks.

Paul

schwarz-paul

[Schwarz Paul](https://forum.hdfgroup.org/u/schwarz-paul)

February 6

Hello,

I want to install hdf5 with intel’s mpi compilers, but it fails when running ‘make install’.

The error I get is

libtool: error: error: relink ‘libhdf5_hl.la’ with the above command before installing it

and before that it says

/opt/utility/hdf5-1.10.6/libtool: line 10545: mpiicc: command not found

which is probably the main problem.

Running

which mpiicc

I get

/path/to/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpiicc

I also exported CC="/path/to/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpiicc", but it still does not work.

I also added

export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/devel/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/include -I/usr/include/"

export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/devel/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/linux/mpi/intel64/lib -L"

just to be sure, but I still get the error during the installation.

Did you run “make install” as a different user (e.g., “sudo make install”)? If so it is quite possible that

the PATH entry for the Intel tools is not set for the different user.

After running the configure, I also did run ‘make check’, which finishes all the tests successfully.

My configure command is simply

./configure --with-zlib=${ZDIR} --prefix=${H5DIR} --enable-parallel

I run on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I have the latest Intel compiiers installed and have used them for various other program builds already.

Could someone help me with this, please?

The difference is the relinking during install.

Hi George,

thank you, that really was the problem and I solved it by installing with
sudo env “PATH=$PATH” make install

Best wishes,
Paul