Building HDF5DotNet - C++/CLI Wrapper of the HDF5 Library with current version of HDF5 library

Hello,

I would like to query if anyone was successful in building of HDF5DotNet - C++/CLI wrapper
of the HDF5 library with current version of HDF5 library - i.e. HDF5-1.8.15 Patch 1 ?
I was trying to get it compiled using Visual Studio 2013 and as well Visual Studio 2015 - but
compilation failed in both cases with following error messages:

1. in ObjectReference.cpp:
error C2668: 'System::Array::Copy' : ambiguous call to overloaded function
D:\DATA\src\HDF5DotNet\trunc\src\ObjectReference.cpp 30 1
HDF5DotNet Code: Array::Copy(a, m_or, H5R_OBJ_REF_BUF_SIZE);

2. in RegionReference.cpp:
D:\DATA\src\HDF5DotNet\trunc\src\RegionReference.cpp 30 1
HDF5DotNet Code: Array::Copy(a, m_rr, H5R_DSET_REG_REF_BUF_SIZE);

3. in RegionReference.cpp:
4 IntelliSense: more than one instance of overloaded function "System::Array::Copy" matches the argument
list: function "System::Array::Copy(System::Array ^sourceArray, System::Array ^destinationArray, int length)" function
"System::Array::Copy(System::Array ^sourceArray, System::Array ^destinationArray, long long length)"
argument types are: (cli::array ^, cli::array ^, unsigned int)
D:\DATA\src\HDF5DotNet\trunc\src\RegionReference.cpp 30 9 HDF5DotNet

Could you please advice ?

Thank you beforehand,
Regards,
Alexey

Alexey, how are you? Have you tried casting the last argument (buffer size) to unsigned int?

Best, G.

···

From: Hdf-forum [mailto:hdf-forum-bounces@lists.hdfgroup.org] On Behalf Of Alex Bogdanov
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2015 12:04 AM
To: HDF Users Discussion List (hdf-forum@lists.hdfgroup.org)
Subject: [Hdf-forum] Building HDF5DotNet - C++/CLI Wrapper of the HDF5 Library with current version of HDF5 library

Hello,
I would like to query if anyone was successful in building of HDF5DotNet - C++/CLI wrapper
of the HDF5 library with current version of HDF5 library - i.e. HDF5-1.8.15 Patch 1 ?
I was trying to get it compiled using Visual Studio 2013 and as well Visual Studio 2015 - but
compilation failed in both cases with following error messages:

1. in ObjectReference.cpp:
                                           D:\DATA\src\HDF5DotNet\trunc\src\ObjectReference.cpp 30 1
                                           HDF5DotNet Code: Array::Copy(a, m_or, H5R_OBJ_REF_BUF_SIZE);

2. in RegionReference.cpp:
                                             D:\DATA\src\HDF5DotNet\trunc\src\RegionReference.cpp 30 1
                                            HDF5DotNet Code: Array::Copy(a, m_rr, H5R_DSET_REG_REF_BUF_SIZE);

3. in RegionReference.cpp:
                                          4 IntelliSense: more than one instance of overloaded function "System::Array::Copy" matches the argument
                                          list: function "System::Array::Copy(System::Array ^sourceArray, System::Array ^destinationArray, int length)" function
                                          "System::Array::Copy(System::Array ^sourceArray, System::Array ^destinationArray, long long length)"
                                          argument types are: (cli::array ^, cli::array ^, unsigned int)
                                          D:\DATA\src\HDF5DotNet\trunc\src\RegionReference.cpp 30 9 HDF5DotNet

Could you please advice ?

Thank you beforehand,
Regards,
Alexey