Accessing to hdf5 files in C++

Hello, I am currently developping a software tool in C++ and I need to treat an hdf5 file. The file consists on a set of values of atmospheric attenutation (float values).
There are four types of attenuation (due to clouds, due to rain, due to scintillation and due to gases). Each type of attenuation is evaluated second by second and during a year and we obtain different values, depending on the frequency used. As a consequence, each attenuation type has a size of: 1 year * 365 days/year * 24 hours/day * 3600 seconds/hour = 31536000 samples/attenuation And the hdf5 file has a size of: 2 frequencies * 4 types of attenuation/frequency * 31536000 samples/attenuation = 252288000 samples. what I need to do is to access to the file to obtain, for each value of frequency and for each second, the global attenuation (clouds + rain + scintillation + gases). I have been looking all the examples in Internet, but I haven't solved the problem yet. I have been able to do it in Matlab, but it seems to be a little bit more complicated in C++. Could any of you please give me an idea of how the code in C++ should be implemented? And is it possible to copy such values of total attenuation in a dynamically-sized array, once they have been accessed? If you need additional information concerning the file please, do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you very much. Regards, Jorge ARIZA