Visual Studio 2010 integration with C++ issues?

I have some codes that I am trying to compile with Visual Studio 2010. My codes are in C++ but I use the "C" API of HDF5 (in this case version 1.6.9). when I try to compile my program I am getting lots of errors about undefined, redefined, missing types. I have tracked it down to the following lines in the H5public.h file:

#ifndef __cplusplus
#ifdef H5_HAVE_STDINT_H
# include <stdint.h> /*for C9x types */
#endif
#endif

I think the issue is that VS2010 finally has a "stdint.h" file where as the previous versions do not. This is somehow messing things up. Has anyone else come across these issues?

···

Mike,
    This is corrected in the latest 1.8.6 code base, however you can remove the #ifndef __cplusplus (and #endif) lines, as VS2010 now has a stdint.h for c++ compiler.

Allen

···

I have some codes that I am trying to compile with Visual Studio 2010. My codes are in C++ but I use the "C" API of HDF5 (in this case version 1.6.9). when I try to compile my program I am getting lots of errors about undefined, redefined, missing types. I have tracked it down to the following lines in the H5public.h file:

#ifndef __cplusplus
#ifdef H5_HAVE_STDINT_H
# include <stdint.h> /*for C9x types */
#endif
#endifs

I think the issue is that VS2010 finally has a "stdint.h" file where as the previous versions do not. This is somehow messing things up. Has anyone else come across these issues?