HDF5DotNet updates to the include header files

Hello,

When building the HDF5DotNet library project, there are some updates to some of the header files that are required. The updates are to a small subset of the files and are only #ifndef blocks around some of the sections. Would it be possible to include these changes to the main header files that are released with the HDF5 packages so they do not have to manually be done with each release? It should not affect normal building of the code and would make it much simpler to recompile the HDF5DotNet project because the necessary changes would already be in the headers.

I've updated the header files to work with the 1.8.5 release. I can submit them to someone at the HDF5 Group if someone is interested in incorporating it.

I have also redone the Visual Studio project for the HDF5DotNet project that is on the ftp site. I did some minor cleanup of the project hierarchy and updated it to work with the HDF5 1.8.5 release. I also changed it so it can build the x86 or x64 versions more easily. I can supply that if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Jesse Lai

Hi Jesse,

We've been working on our end to with a similar goal of upgrading HDF5DotNet to play nicely with 1.8.5 and future 1.8.x releases as well. I'd love to take a look at the header files / project file that you've got if you want to send them over to me.

Thank you!

Mike McGreevy
The HDF Group

Jesse Lai wrote:

ยทยทยท

Hello,

When building the HDF5DotNet library project, there are some updates to some of the header files that are required. The updates are to a small subset of the files and are only #ifndef blocks around some of the sections. Would it be possible to include these changes to the main header files that are released with the HDF5 packages so they do not have to manually be done with each release? It should not affect normal building of the code and would make it much simpler to recompile the HDF5DotNet project because the necessary changes would already be in the headers.

I've updated the header files to work with the 1.8.5 release. I can submit them to someone at the HDF5 Group if someone is interested in incorporating it.

I have also redone the Visual Studio project for the HDF5DotNet project that is on the ftp site. I did some minor cleanup of the project hierarchy and updated it to work with the HDF5 1.8.5 release. I also changed it so it can build the x86 or x64 versions more easily. I can supply that if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Jesse Lai