bug report windows x64

In the latest 1_8_cmake branch, I have found that when opening a file, the stack is corrupted during a call to stat(file ...)

Running on windows x64, I found that if I make a small change in
H5FDmpio.c
at/near line 943 and add an #ifdef _WIN64 to use _stat64 instead of stat, then all is well and everything runs fine.

Attached is a patch, but I'm not sure if this is the correct fix (for all scenarios). I ran a dashboard test after making the change and submitted it to the experimental builds of today. Machine dino.cscs.ch

JB

0001-Fix-corrupted-stack-on-win64-machines-during-stat-ca.patch (868 Bytes)

···

--
John Biddiscombe, email:biddisco @ cscs.ch

CSCS, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre | Tel: +41 (91) 610.82.07
Via Cantonale, 6928 Manno, Switzerland | Fax: +41 (91) 610.82.82

John,
  Instead of the #ifdef try changing "struct stat" to "h5_stat_t".
If the configuration process is correct, this may be all that is needed. The file later on uses the correct "HDstat" call which is an alias to the real function.

Allen

···

In the latest 1_8_cmake branch, I have found that when opening a file, the stack is corrupted during a call to stat(file ...)

Running on windows x64, I found that if I make a small change in
H5FDmpio.c
at/near line 943 and add an #ifdef _WIN64 to use _stat64 instead of stat, then all is well and everything runs fine.

Attached is a patch, but I'm not sure if this is the correct fix (for all scenarios). I ran a dashboard test after making the change and submitted it to the experimental builds of today. Machine dino.cscs.ch

JB